My seminary friend has “tagged” me with a post called 8 random facts about myself. Enjoy the break from Japanese culture, and take a glimpse into the missionary …
- As my friend Lisa would say, “I don’t have the sense of direction God gave a toaster.” I have been known to say things like, “Turn left at the curvy road.” Anyone who has ever been in Dubuque (or any of the other river towns I have lived in) knows how utterly ridiculous this sentence is.
- Much to my family’s amusement, I have trouble identifying even the most famous actors and actresses.
- I stink at Trivial Pursuit. Sure, I can parse Hebrew and Latin verbs (and should still be able to fake my way through Greek), but, the longest-running television show? I have no idea (see number two again).
- I love sumo wrestling.
- I have used a squat toilet on a moving train.
- For someone who grew up with computers in the classroom, even from elementary school, I am unnaturally technologically-confused.
- My all-time favorite movie is The Princess Bride.
- I have not yet eaten blowfish in Japan, but I have tried the horse sashimi.